The former Panthers cornerback is set to ink a 3 year/$45M deal with the Giants, that equals to about $15M AAV. Bradberry was drafted by Dave Gettleman, with the Panthers, in the 2nd round of the 2016 draft to replace Josh Norman, who departed for the Redskins earlier that spring. Bradberry additionally has a long, strong frame at 6’1 212 lbs. He’s spent a good chunk of his young career covering some of the leagues best receivers in the NFC South. According to ESPN, Bradberry matched up well with Jones, “Jones entered a game against Carolina having been targeted at least 10 times versus eight different defenders around the NFL in the past four seasons. According to ESPN Stats & Information, his 7.6 yards per attempt against Bradberry during that time was the lowest among the group. The average jumped to 13.4 against other Carolina defensive backs during that span.” Additionally, he deposited his career best 3 interceptions in 2019, combined with 8 total in four seasons. Bradberry has started 60 of 64 possible games since 2016. The newly-minted Giant will fit in well with the droves of man coverage, including Cover 0 and Cover 1, that Patrick Graham will look to implement due to his size. He’ll also add technicality and hopefully leadership to a young secondary, which I’ve been calling for all off-season, I like the signing.
The second big signing for the Giants this week came with the 3 year/$30M signing of former Green Bay Packer inside-linebacker Blake Martinez. Martinez is a tackling machine, he deposited 144 combined tackles in 2018 and added 11 to that number the next year in 2019. But the problem lies within that, among other things. Only 29 of Martinez’s tackles were for loss and whilst Martinez is very dependable in run defense, its not a place of need for the Giants. They have both Ryan Connolly and instinctual depth-piece David Mayo coming back in 2020. The Giants will have no problem replacing the role of Alec Ogletree, but they haven’t added the traits that he lacked during his tenure.
The next step for the Giants building is the draft, which is fast approaching. We can only wait!
The Newest Giants: Free Agency Frenzy RecapTweet
- Dynasty storylines to watch: the Jags, the Jets and the QB1We’re all carefully watching the off season to help us construct rosters and gauge rookie value.How does the NFL draft affect these values? Lets find out…
- Breakout WR’s – The Sophomore surgeEveryone is looking for the next breakout star to win their league. In this article, we’re going to look at the sophomore breakout candidates from an exceptional 2020 class that could grab you a fantasy championship.
- Three WR trade targets for this offseasonDynasty trade targets are flooding the Twitter sphere and as we creep toward the NFL Draft, the market opens up. What WR’s are potential targets for your team?
- Can David Montgomery be trusted in 2021?A stretch of amazing games at the end of the season helped David Montgomery end the year as RB4. Will his production continue next year?
- FACTS of the 2020 Fantasy Football Tight EndsLooking for fantasy football cheat code? We found it, read it here! FACTS! In today’s…
If you enjoyed this article, or if you didn’t, check out the following!
My Podcast: HERE!
The Tube: HERE!
The Tweeter Machine: HERE!