The former Panthers cornerback is set to ink a 3 year/$45M deal with the Giants, that equals to about $15M AAV. Bradberry was drafted by Dave Gettleman, with the Panthers, in the 2nd round of the 2016 draft to replace Josh Norman, who departed for the Redskins earlier that spring. Bradberry additionally has a long, strong frame at 6’1 212 lbs. He’s spent a good chunk of his young career covering some of the leagues best receivers in the NFC South. According to ESPN, Bradberry matched up well with Jones, “Jones entered a game against Carolina having been targeted at least 10 times versus eight different defenders around the NFL in the past four seasons. According to ESPN Stats & Information, his 7.6 yards per attempt against Bradberry during that time was the lowest among the group. The average jumped to 13.4 against other Carolina defensive backs during that span.” Additionally, he deposited his career best 3 interceptions in 2019, combined with 8 total in four seasons. Bradberry has started 60 of 64 possible games since 2016. The newly-minted Giant will fit in well with the droves of man coverage, including Cover 0 and Cover 1, that Patrick Graham will look to implement due to his size. He’ll also add technicality and hopefully leadership to a young secondary, which I’ve been calling for all off-season, I like the signing.
The second big signing for the Giants this week came with the 3 year/$30M signing of former Green Bay Packer inside-linebacker Blake Martinez. Martinez is a tackling machine, he deposited 144 combined tackles in 2018 and added 11 to that number the next year in 2019. But the problem lies within that, among other things. Only 29 of Martinez’s tackles were for loss and whilst Martinez is very dependable in run defense, its not a place of need for the Giants. They have both Ryan Connolly and instinctual depth-piece David Mayo coming back in 2020. The Giants will have no problem replacing the role of Alec Ogletree, but they haven’t added the traits that he lacked during his tenure.
The next step for the Giants building is the draft, which is fast approaching. We can only wait!
The Newest Giants: Free Agency Frenzy RecapTweet
- Week 12 Running Back LocksWelcome to the first article of the new and improved Timeskewed site! I have been writing Arizona Cardinals previews all season, but we are shifting
- Fantasy football predictions: AFC EastAnother week of football, and another week of trying to figure out what your players are going to do and who to start or sit. Time Skew is here for … Continue Reading Fantasy football predictions: AFC East
- Lessons learned: fantasy football takeaways from week 11Another week of games has wrapped up, bringing the fantasy football playoffs ever closer. With the most important games of the year approaching, it’s more…
- Kickers to pick up for your fantasy playoff runYes, you should care about kickers in fantasy. We’ve seen some great kicking performances this year and if you haven’t taken advantage of them, you’re probably kicking yourself. If you … Continue Reading Kickers to pick up for your fantasy playoff run
- Desperation deep dives for week 12We’re all feeling the strain in the back end of the 2020 fantasy season. Injuries have piled up, the Covid/reserve list has been a weekly concern and most of the … Continue Reading Desperation deep dives for week 12
If you enjoyed this article, or if you didn’t, check out the following!
My Podcast: HERE!
The Tube: HERE!
The Tweeter Machine: HERE!