The former Panthers cornerback is set to ink a 3 year/$45M deal with the Giants, that equals to about $15M AAV. Bradberry was drafted by Dave Gettleman, with the Panthers, in the 2nd round of the 2016 draft to replace Josh Norman, who departed for the Redskins earlier that spring. Bradberry additionally has a long, strong frame at 6’1 212 lbs. He’s spent a good chunk of his young career covering some of the leagues best receivers in the NFC South. According to ESPN, Bradberry matched up well with Jones, “Jones entered a game against Carolina having been targeted at least 10 times versus eight different defenders around the NFL in the past four seasons. According to ESPN Stats & Information, his 7.6 yards per attempt against Bradberry during that time was the lowest among the group. The average jumped to 13.4 against other Carolina defensive backs during that span.” Additionally, he deposited his career best 3 interceptions in 2019, combined with 8 total in four seasons. Bradberry has started 60 of 64 possible games since 2016. The newly-minted Giant will fit in well with the droves of man coverage, including Cover 0 and Cover 1, that Patrick Graham will look to implement due to his size. He’ll also add technicality and hopefully leadership to a young secondary, which I’ve been calling for all off-season, I like the signing.
The second big signing for the Giants this week came with the 3 year/$30M signing of former Green Bay Packer inside-linebacker Blake Martinez. Martinez is a tackling machine, he deposited 144 combined tackles in 2018 and added 11 to that number the next year in 2019. But the problem lies within that, among other things. Only 29 of Martinez’s tackles were for loss and whilst Martinez is very dependable in run defense, its not a place of need for the Giants. They have both Ryan Connolly and instinctual depth-piece David Mayo coming back in 2020. The Giants will have no problem replacing the role of Alec Ogletree, but they haven’t added the traits that he lacked during his tenure.
The next step for the Giants building is the draft, which is fast approaching. We can only wait!
The Newest Giants: Free Agency Frenzy RecapTweet
- Derrick Henry Signs $10.2M Franchise TenderDerrick Henry has decided to take the safe route, opposed to taking all that he could get from the Tennessee Titans. Henry, who would ideally love to sign a long term deal with the Titans..
- Las Vegas Raiders Free Agency RecapWith the bulk of free agency ending and the draft quickly approaching, it is time for fans to see if the newest additions to their team was worth the money that was spent.
- Titans Resign Kamalei CorreaThe Tennessee Titans are bringing back OLB, Kamalei Correa. The 25 year old is coming off his best season yet. His contract is for one-year, and is expected to be for 3.5 million. He made vast improvements last season, and he came on strong late in the year, when it mattered the most. But, he really proved his worth in the playoffs.
- Fantasy Football Rookie Review: Wide Receivers and Tight EndsRookies! On today’s show Pride and Q get right into the rookie review! In this episode, they go through the rookie wide receivers and tight ends and analyze their first fantasy football season. They will look at their game logs, their consistency charts, their production around the goal line and more!
- Tom Brady to Remain TB12 in TampaTom Brady and Chris Godwin should have fantastic chemistry both on & off the field. Who will wear the number 12?
If you enjoyed this article, or if you didn’t, check out the following!
My Podcast: HERE!
The Tube: HERE!
The Tweeter Machine: HERE!